ads

Tuesday 7 October 2014

EDO ASSEMBLY GET N864M FOR CONSTITUENCY PROJECTS YEARLY

                              

The Majority Leader of the Edo State House of Assembly, Mr. Philip Shaibu, has revealed that each of the 24 lawmakers in the state House of Assembly gets an annual allocation of N36m for the execution of projects in their respective constituencies.

He explained that the state executive and legislature collaborate in ensuring that all communities within the state enjoy the dividends of democracy, through the provision of basic and social amenities. Shaibu, who represents Etsako West in the state assembly, spoke during the inauguration of blocks of three classrooms in Jattu and Ugiede communities.
The lawmaker, who also hinted of his intention to seek a seat in the federal House of Representatives, urged the electorates not to be deceived by any lawmaker who claimed that the provision of infrastructure was limited to the executive.
Shaibu further urged the people of the state to demand accounts of stewardship from elected officials in the state. ”It is not true that what we do is mainly making laws because before I came into the House, I never knew constituency projects exist. “Prior to this period, we get N20m annually. But between 2013 and 2014, the comrade governor had to increase it to N36m so that we will be able to execute quality projects. “And I thank God that my own projects are there for everyone to see and other lawmakers must show their constituency projects to the people. “I challenge the electorates to demand accountability from their representatives because we have one file which the governor approves for the 24
members, including the PDP lawmakers.

He stated that “Sometimes, my colleagues tackle me when I make public what comes to my constituency. But I don’t think it is something hidden, unless you decide to pocket the money rather than work forthe people. This is what I want our people to investigate,”

No comments:

Post a Comment