ads

Wednesday 29 October 2014

EX-MOTHER-IN-LAW STEALS STUDENT'S 2-YEAR-OLD BABY, ESCAPES TO NIGERIA

                               Fadoju's baby was stolen by the grandmother

A grandmother went as far as travelling to the UK to steal her grandchild from her son's ex-lover who studies law. She then took the child to Nigeria without telling the mother.

When 22-year-old Nigerian student and mother of  2-year-old toddler, Moronke Fadoju, was visited by her ex-lover's mother, she probably did not have any negative expectations.
Unfortunately, her child's grandmother has a different plan.
Some days later, she went for lectures at her school, Bedfordshire University, leaving her daughter with the grandma.
By the time Fadoju returned from the school, her baby and the grandmother were gone. After a frantic search, the second-year law student informed the police.
Fadoju told The Voice that she learnt the next day that her baby was in Nigeria — stolen, kidnapped, taken away without her permission.
“They [UK Police] confirmed she had been taken by the woman who was staying with me, but because my daughter is not a British citizen, they would need to work with the Nigerian authorities,” she said.
There was however little that the UK police could do.
Quoting the spokesperson of Bedfordshire Police, The Voice reported that Fadoju was advised to "return to the country [Nigeria] to fight for custody in the courts as it is now a civil matter between parties.”
“I was going crazy I didn’t know what to do," Fadoju said.
"I was almost coming apart because I can’t imagine my baby was put on a plane to another country she has never been to without me.”
Fadoju's family and Nigerian law enforcement agents tracked down the kidnapper and got her arrested.
The abducted child was handed over to Fadoju's mother leaving her excited about the imminent reunion.
"I just want my baby back. I know that she is well cared for with my family, but I miss her," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment