ads

Wednesday 23 July 2014

KENNETH OMERUO GIVEN REASONS WHY HE REJECTED OFFERS TO GO ON LOAN

Super Eagles defender, Kenneth Omeruo has given reasons why he rejected offers to go on loan to English Premier League club. His reasons were that he is a young defender who needs to be playing week in, week out.

 He was sought after by Hull City and QPR, but he has opted to return to the English Championship with Middlesbrough. “You know, it’s difficult to see a 20-year-old defender play week in, week out.

 And if I join a premiership side I would not be guaranteed regular playing time,” he told AfricanFootball.com “So, if I would be on the bench in another club, I would rather remain at Chelsea. “So, that’s why I decided to go where I am familiar with and guaranteed regular play.” “I spoke with Mike Emenalo (Chelsea sporting chief) and he said with the plans Chelsea have for me that it was best I continue with ‘Boro. “And I personally think it was best for me because I am already established as a player in ‘Boro, the fans like me.” He said he aims to help Middlesbrough win promotion back to the English top flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment