ads

Tuesday 8 July 2014

WHY I HACKED MY FATHER TO DEATH - STUDENT


Tolani Ajayi, the 21-year-old undergraduate who killed
his father, has declared his readiness to face the
consequences of his action.

Speaking to journalists on Tuesday at the Eleweran Police
Headquarters, Abeokuta, Tolani stated that he hacked his
father, a lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria to death,
because he angered him. Tolani said his father provoked him
by beating him with a stick; and that he needed no help
from Nigerians.

“There is no way Nigerians can help me. I am going to face
my judgement. I am meant to pay for what I have done,” he
said. “It is not as if I am ready, it is something that is
inevitable – something that is going to happen; I am just
waiting for it.”
PREMIUM TIMES’ findings revealed that Tolani, a 300-level
student of Department of History and International
Relations of Redeemer University, Ogun State, was into
drugs. He was said to have been caught twice by the
authorities of the University. It was also gathered that the
school had set up a panel to question him on alleged drug
offence before he committed the murder.
The suspect, however, said his action may be “spiritual.”
He said he regretted it and had sent emissaries to his
widowed mother, begging for her forgiveness.
“My mother is still grieving. I have sent some people to talk
to her that I am sorry. I want to give her time. I have
talked to my sister. I have asked for forgiveness,” he said.
When asked whether he had been under the influence of
drugs, the suspect confessed that he took drugs but denied
being under the influence on the day of the murder.
He said his action was not planned.
“The incident happened around 1 a.m. when the church would
have been sleeping by then. It was anger that led me to this.
There was an argument between us and I stood up to him.
“He beat me with a stick and bit me with his teeth
repeatedly. Just the two of us were at home; my mother was
in Abuja,” he said.
Tolani said his father was the one that first went to the
kitchen to get a wooden spoon which he used to hit him
repeatedly. He confessed that he actually used a kitchen
knife and cutlass to attack his father. “I tried to defend
myself, then he bit me on my shoulder and I got angry. I
used normal small kitchen knife then I used a cutlass to
attack him. I regret the action,” the young man said.
Tolani said that his family resides in Abuja while he lived at
the Redeemed Church, RCCG, camp. “My father came for a
programme; then, my school was on break so I went to meet
him. We were meant to go back to Abuja together then the
incident happened and I am here,” he said.He told journalists
that contrary to previous reports, the altercation was not
based on his church attendance.
“I didn’t miss church throughout this semester. I never
missed church for once. It is not about the church,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment